Monday, July 18, 2011

104: It's Anna's birthday!

Ok, so here's the deal. I made this super cute hanging tile for Anna for her birthday. That's and A. The stupid photo thingy won't let me turn the picture, so tilt your head and take a gander. Since I did this on a whim, you only get the two pictures. Sorry. I'm all sorts of sucking on this post. I will give you a step by step though! Just in case you want to try it for yourself! :) 
See how nice I am?!?!

1.) Find a blank tile. This was given to me along with a huge stack of others when a friend moved recently.
2.) Glue (Gorilla Glue is KING) a picture hanger onto the back. Nice and centered.
3.) Pick a pretty color of acrylic paint (or two, or three).
4.) Paint your tile. Cover it nice and thick (trust me, two layers is much easier to scratch off than one).
5.) Get yourself a nice sharp pencil.
6.) Start scratching your design out of the paint.
7.) When you're finished scratching, brush off all of the flecks of paint.
8.) Find some acrylic sealant and spray a coat over the tile.
9.) Wait for it to dry and find the perfect 11 year old to gift it too! :)

1 comment:

McGriddle Pants said...

still love this one! make me an "A"!!!