Tuesday, July 19, 2011

110: Pallet love

I have been seeing nothing but pallet and mason jar ideas on Pinterest lately. Having an unlimited supply of pallets available to me, I thought I'd try my hand at making something myself. And whoever tells you Pinterest isn't crack is straight up lying to you.
Make sure the cat approves and grab a saw, hammer and some sand paper.
 Still not sure he likes the idea, but hey, he can't talk, so who cares :)
I started cutting 2 boards up from the end. My round blade loud-ass saw isn't cool enough to go all the way through, so I had to hand saw the rest  of the way through. 
Get your arm workout trying to hold the pallet with one hand and saw with the other. If only The Boy was here to hold this thing! 
I sawed it! 
Now you have the basic shape, but your shelf still needs a bottom. Pull a plank off of the pallet. 
The nail heads on this pallet weren't exactly cooperative.
Nail it all back together.
 Sand it down.
Admire your handiwork.
And drill some holes so you can hang it.
You should be able to make 2 of these out of 1 pallet. You will have some leftover parts, but I bet Pinterest will have some ideas on what you can do with them.

No comments: