Thursday, March 17, 2011

69: Mother Trucker

I spent HOURS with sharpies plotting and doodling and making this piece for a magnetic fridge frame. 
And then when I got home from work, I adhered it to the magnet paper and placed it on the fridge to dry flat. I then carefully cut it out, as I didn't make it completely straight corners and such (on purpose?..... maaaaaybe). If I wanted it to last for a while on the fridge, with child fingers moving it around, water splashes from the sink an so forth, I needed to seal it with acrylic spray. So I sprayed it. It looked all shiny and pretty. I even took a picture and sent it to The Boy.
Text: 8:59pm "Now it's got a fresh glossy coat!" 
"Very nice baby"

So, I go out to the garage just before bed to check and see how pretty my project is and whadda effen know. The Sharpies bled. I was soooooo angry!


Now it's all muted and gross looking. I'm still super pissed but I'm not going to let that stop me from trying again. I've got about 6 hours left in my work day....

No comments: